Tomorrow, February 2nd is Groundhog Day. Tomorrow if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, we will have to brace ourselves for 6 more weeks of winter (if you’re a believer in such folklore). This winter has been more miserable than usual for Torontonians. Frigid temperatures and little snow have made for frequent weekends trapped in the cold, grey surroundings of downtown.
Feeling chilly are we? Don’t fret, there’s hope yet. Like man’s best friend, Toronto still shows us love this winter, no matter how much we bitch and moan. It’s found in the air, with the funk of stale beer and voices in unison at our favourite live shows. This love may not be warm and fuzzy like your snuggie but it’ll sure make you feel good. So instead of driving your friends crazy complaining about the cold, get inside, get warm, and feel the love.
Torontette’s top 15 shows from now until April, in chronological order, with a taste of each.
1. Laura Marling: February 9, Lee’s Palace
Ghosts – Laura Marling (right-click to download)
2. Mumford & Sons: February 15, Lee’s Palace
3. Rogue Wave: February 26, Mod Club
4. Yacht: March 4, Wrongbar
5. Rjd2: March 11, Mod Club
6. Beach House: March 30, Opera House
7. The Temper Trap: March 30, Mod Club
8. Vampire Weekend: March 30, Sound Academy
9. Shearwater: April 1, Lee’s Palace
10. Miike Snow: April 3, Phoenix
11. The XX w/ jj: April 4, Phoenix
12. Florence & the Machine: April 10, Phoenix
13. Dr. Dog: April 14, Lee’s Palace
14. Yeasayer: May 1, Lee’s Palace
15. Shout Out Louds: May 8, Mod Club